Different types of post status in WordPress.
One very important field is the post_status field. Currently, seven different post statuses are defined in WordPress:
1. publish — A published post or page.
2. inherit — A post revision.
3. pending — Post that is pending review by an administrator or editor.
4. private — A private post.
5. future — A post scheduled to publish at a future date and time.
6. draft — A post still being created and is a draft.
7. trash — Content is in the trash bin and can still be recovered.
Post status comes into play when contributor roles are used to limit a post creator’s ability to post or edit existing content. As with almost everything in WordPress, custom post statuses can be created by plugins and themes.